LakeSide Mercedes Repair is proud to recommend the following car care tips:
- Always consult your owner’s manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil and filter changed regularly, every 3,000 to 4,000 miles if your car takes regular oil, and every 10,000 to 13,000 if it takes synthetic. If your car doesn't get driven regularly, it is recommended that you have the oil and filter changed at least once a year, regardless of the mileage.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer fluid and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or a plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency as much as 30%!
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid should also be checked and filled if it is low, except in the case of maintenance-free batteries.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and tail lights.
- Check windshield wiper blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them approximately once a year or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked approximately every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
"We specialize in your Mercedes"